Invest In A Treadmill - Here's Why
Even though running outdoors is great for fresh air and getting in touch with nature or … concrete jungles, a treadmill is a really cool tool to invest in. If you’re someone who can put one foot in front of the other, I highly recommend you consider the purchase. Of course treadmills can be pricey; a brand new model selling for just a few hundred dollars would probably not provide a positive experience. But a quality treadmill which provides a convenient, weather proof, at-home opportunity to train at all hours while enjoying your favorite television shows would qualify in my “fitness expert” book as a wise investment.
The Benefits of Owning a Treadmill:
• Permits late night or early morning workouts,
• Is available for use on holidays when gyms are closed.
• Requires zero travel time.
• Negates the dangers of running alone outdoors.
• Prevents any discomfort or anxiety some may feel in a busy gym.
• Allows parents to train while their children play or sleep at home.
• Lets those who work from home get in a quick workout during the day.
• Ensures that foul weather won’t prevent you from training.
• Supplements training for a road race perfectly.
• You can exercise in or out of any clothing you choose!
Listen, I’m 100% committed to my workouts. However, LIFE GETS IN THE WAY! Between safety considerations (I never run alone in the dark) and family issues (I never leave my little kids alone), I always have a fantastic option for vigorous exercise. I also love that I can use it in little more than my undies, a sports bra and my TheraFit sneakers. An old TV is bolted up in front of my treadmill and I catch up on nonsense TV or the news while I run. A $1,000+ price tag may seem like a big deal today, but if you consider that it should last for years to come and thousands of miles run … the per use cost for you and your family makes it a really wise investment.
Fitz Koehler, M.S.E.S.S. is a fitness innovator who’s taught around the globe for two decades. She’s the publisher of Fitzness.com and founder of the Morning Mile. Check out her new core training DVD, FLIP FLOP ABS at Fitzness.com today.