We often neglect (and even forget!) our feet even though they’re what carry us through our days. Even though most of us are quarantined right now, it can feel impossible to carve out time for ourselves if we’re still working or homeschooling or living with others. If we’re spending our days and nights on the frontlines, time to ourselves is even harder to come by. An at-home foot spa is an easy way to give back to our bodies and allow for some space away from everything that’s going on around us, and pay attention to what is moving us through this experience in the first place -- our feet!
So whether you’ve got achy feet, dry feet, or just need to get some blood moving, we’ve got a foot soak recipe for you, thanks to recipes from wellness publication, Healthline.
Make sure to set up your spa with warm water (step-by-step guide here), select your soak, and gather your ingredients.
Foot Soak for Achy Feet
Epsom Salts have been used for centuries as a healing agent and pain reliever as it reduces inflammation and tension.
Sore feet foot soak ingredients
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 5–20 drops essential oil of choice, such as peppermint, lavender, or rosemary
- 6 tsp. Coconut oil or almond oil (or any carrier oil)
- Dissolve the salt in a tub of hot water.
- Blend the essential and carrier oils.
- Add the mixture to the bath.
Foot Soak for Exfoliation
Got hard, callused feet? Soften ‘em up with this recipe. You’ll use the Epsom salt as an exfoliator for this one (plus it can help treat fungal infections and prevent foot odor).
Exfoliating foot soak ingredients
- 1–3 fresh lemons
- 1–3 cups vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 3 cups Epsom salt
- Add vinegar to a tub of warm water.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Use the insides of the peels to gently clean toes and feet.
- Before adding the salt to the bath, rub it on your feet using light circular motions.
- After soaking your feet, use a pumice stone, exfoliating brush, or washcloth to gently remove excess dead skin.
Foot Soak to Improve Circulation
Lookin’ for some new blood? Get it pumping and stimulate your circulation while relieving stagnation with this foot soak. Hot water helps to bring down inflammation, while essential oils can assist in easing tension and circulation.
Invigorating foot soak ingredients
- 1/2 cup ground or freshly grated ginger
- 5–20 drops essential oil of choice, such as lemon, lemongrass, or clary sage
- 6 tsp. Coconut oil (or another carrier oil)
- Add ginger to a bowl of boiling water.
- Slowly add it to the tub of water.
- Combine the essential and carrier oils before adding them to the bath.
Foot Soak To Moisturize
The moisturizing properties of these ingredients will have your feet on their way to baby soft skin in no time (not to mention the sweet smell of this recipe!)
Moisturizing foot soak ingredients
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- Dissolve the honey and coconut in a small bowl of boiling water.
- Slowly add the mixture to the tub of water.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon powder into the water.